Wednesday 22 July 2020

Crowded House

I've been listening to a lot of Crowded House recently.  They've been one of my favourite bands for a long time, but I've been finding an awful lot of solace in their music as we've made our way through this strange time.  Neil Finn's vocals and songwriting just does what music is supposed to do to me, to take you somewhere totally separate, yet also to display emotions that are so familiar.  What a musician he is, I'm delighted that I bagged tickets to see the band in Birmingham next year!

Over the lock-down period Crowded House, in common with a number of other bands and musicians, put together a couple of "live from home" songs, for the Music From The Front Line benefit concert.  What I love about this recording is that it was put together over a few hours, with each musician recording their parts individually.  How cool is that?  As part of this, the band recorded melodic Fall at Your Feet and upbeat Something So Strong, but it's Don't Dream It's Over that I'm sharing below, because it's one of my favourite songs.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite bands too. You have great taste! 😁👍

    ReplyDelete