Tuesday 4 May 2021

Looking back to Canada

It's been ten years since I travelled around Canada, and to celebrate, I'm going to do a blog series through the rest of May, looking back on some of the places I discovered.  Nich About Town came along about a year after my visit to Canada, so I never recorded my trip on this blog.  It's time to remedy that, and at the same time launch a new My travels page, where I've collated all my travel blogs to date.

Canada was a great trip and gave me some of my favourite memories - but it ended up being more than just another trip.  My travels around Canada came at something of a crossroads in my life, and looking back now, I realise how much I used that break away from normality to plan the next stages of my life, and get myself on some sort of trackway.  After Canada, everything started to come together, and I know that was no coincidence.

It was also a brilliant adventure, of course, and one to which my mind often thinks back with fondness.  Blogging about it on here opens out a lot of wonderful memories, and also makes me mull over future holidays, to discover other parts of the country, and revisit old favourites. 

My trip to Canada shaped me in many different ways - it was the right place at the right time in my life, and I look forward to sharing some of my memories with you over the coming weeks.  The fun starts on 9 May.

2 comments:

  1. LFTIπŸ‘πŸ»
    But who’s the bloke next to you without a hat?🀣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly believe it’s ten years! What a great idea to re-visit Canada and take us along with you as well! I’m really looking forward to reading it all..and of course, I have the book too! 😁

    ReplyDelete